The Gatton College’s Institute for the Study of Free Enterprise and BB&T Program is seeking applicants for their Undergraduate Scholar Awards on a rolling basis. Scholars will participate in and help organize activities for the Kentucky Junto.
Undergraduate Scholarships come with a financial award of $400 for the semester. Additionally, any books or materials needed for the group is provided. Awardees are expected to be full and vigorous participants in Junto activities. This entails the following:
- Participate, engage in, and help facilitate activities that pertain to the Junto group
- Attend all general meetings
- Take an active part in the orderly transition between old and new Junto members
- Understand the purpose and objective of the organization
- Meet and speak with visiting scholars
- Help in organizing speaker events
- Participate in reaching across campus to promote interdisciplinary relations
The group will meet formally 6 to 8 times per semester. Meetings will be held on Mondays from 6:30pm-7:30pm via Zoom.
The Scholarship is paid over the course of the term. Failure to attain the expectations listed above will result in cancellation of the Scholarship and the financial award.
Questions may be directed to Darshak Patel.