The Gatton College’s Institute for the Study of Free Enterprise is seeking applicants for their Junto Discussion Group on a rolling basis.
Participating in this group has a financial award of $400 for the semester. Additionally, any books or materials needed for the group is provided. Awardees are expected to be full and vigorous participants in Junto activities. This entails the following:
- Attend all meetings
- Participate, engage in, and help facilitate activities that pertain to the Junto group
- Take an active part in the orderly transition between old and new Junto members
- Understand the purpose and objective of the organization
- Meet and speak with visiting scholars
- Participate in reaching across campus to promote interdisciplinary relations
The group will meet formally 5 times per semester. Meetings will be held on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-6pm. The group will be led by Dr. Charles Courtemanche, Director of the Institute for the Study of Free Enterprise.
The Scholarship is paid over the course of the term. Failure to attain the expectations listed above will result in cancellation of the scholarship and the financial award.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Charles Courtemanche.